Without the best fitness tracker with heart rate monitor and waterproof, it is hard to know whether you are hitting the important milestones when working out.
For example, you need to ask “Am I within the target heart rate range?” “How often do I achieve the maximum heart rate when running?”
“We don’t want you to over-exercise, and on the other hand, you may not be getting enough exercise,” says Dr. Ben Clarke, M.D. a cardiologist and a fitness expert.
So, what is your maximum heart rate?
This is what you do- take your age then minus it from 220. For example, if you are 35 years, it should be 185 (220-35)
Then during exercises:
If you are in a moderately intense activity, heart rate should be around 50-69% of your maximum.
And if you are sweating out in a hard physical activity, your heart should be at 70% to 90% of your maximum heart rate.
“I advise my clients to carry the best fitness tracker with heart rate monitor and waterproof as they go workouts” says Clarke.
Now, in this activity tracker review, you will learn all there is to know about fitness trackers.
So that you no longer have to grope in the dark- not knowing whether you are winning or losing your fitness battle.
Well, we asked our good friend Dr. Clarke to help us identify the top 10 fitness monitors.
What we have is a mix of the best fitness bands, best fitness tracker for runners and more…
Shall I unveil the privileged contenders for the title of best fitness tracker with heart rate monitor and waterproof 2018?
Here they come:
- 1. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband.
- 2. Polar H7 Bluetooth Heart Rate Sensor & Fitness Tracker.
- 3. Wesoo K1 Fitness Tracker Watch Activity Tracker.
- 4. Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch, Heart Monitor Watch.
- 5. Garmin Forerunner 920XT Activity Tracker Review.
- 6. Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Arm Fitness Band.
- 7. Withings Steel HR – Activity Tracking Watch with Heart Rate Monitoring.
- 8. Marsno Mo1 Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor.
- 9. Hizek Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor : Waterproof Smart Wristand Pedometer.
- 10. Letufit Heart Rate Activity Tracker Smart Bracelet.
- Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Fitness Tracker With Heart Rate Monitor And Waterproof.
1. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband.
The Fitbit charge 2 is an incredible fitness tool with everything seemingly streamlined for your fitness.
Steal a quick glance and you see all the figures that matter: the time, steps you have taken, and your current heart rate.
And it gives you continuous heart rate monitoring so that you know when to up your game or slow down.
What else? It can track sleep, and estimate your cardio fitness value (V02 Max).
Also don’t forget its text and call notifications, GPS plus waterproofing features.
In short, this is a top, top heart monitor watch
- Continuous, automatic heart rate tracking
- Fitness app.
- simple heart rate zones (Cardio, Fat Burn, and Peak)
- OLED display
- Sleep tracking and wake (with the silent vibrating alarm)
- Customized cardio fitness score
- In-built GPS
- Tracks steps, calories burned, active minutes, distance, and floors climbed
- Personalized driven breathing sessions
- User-friendly app.
- superb battery
- Very accurate
- Simplified set up
- comes with exchangeable bands
- Lots of cool fun features
- Nice looking
- one of the pricier trackers
Fully streamlined for fitness, this keeps you updated on all the important numbers like steps taken, heart rate, time plus more.
Features like GPS, call & text notifications, continuous heart monitoring, and the fitness app make it one of the must-haves for people committed to healthy workouts!
2. Polar H7 Bluetooth Heart Rate Sensor & Fitness Tracker.
This senses your pattern then suggests a suitable training regime to make sure you are training at the correct intensity.
Then, to keep you in perfect condition, it packs lots of smart coaching features. If you want to achieve your goals faster, simply follow the coach.
And you will conveniently get a very accurate heart rate reading to your mobile device- whatever your activity.
- Bluetooth smart technology heart rate monitor
- Analytical data
- Polar beat app.
- Compatible with multiple mobile training apps
- Voice training guidance
- Waterproofed heart rate sensor
- Advanced gym link technology
- Calorie counter
- Very reliable
- Connects to compatible gym equipment for better measurement
- Compatible with a variety of smart devices
- Creates a personalized training regime
- Very accurate results
- The battery doesn’t last that long
This uses Bluetooth Smart technology to provide real-time heart rate readings. It also suggests an ideal training regime to make sure you don’t burn out or under-exercise.
If you are unsure of what’s good for your heart, you can trust this to deliver you from your dilemma.
3. Wesoo K1 Fitness Tracker Watch Activity Tracker.
Many fitness watch reviews are incomplete without the Wesoo K1 fitness tracker watch. You can call it your health partner on your wrist…and this is why:
From your sleep, workout intensity, steps, calories, distance and everything- this measures them all, so that you don’t miss any important metric.
Then, with a date / time auto sync, alarm, sedentary alert, and incoming call alert, this band features all the essentials to make your workouts fun and fruitful.
- Date & time auto sync
- Sedentary alert
- Sleep quality tracker
- Incoming call notification.
- Colorful replaceable wristband
- Built-in USB
- Stylish and colorful.
- Easy charging- you don’t need a special adapter
- Removable wristband comes in different colors
- Ultra-thin & super lightweight
- Lacks a heart rate monitor
you can capture and store all your crucial workout figures starting with your sleep matrics, calories burned, time and distance using this simplified fitness watch.
When you Pair it with the accompanying smartphone App, it literary becomes your complete personal health assistant.
4. Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch, Heart Monitor Watch.
This is more than a smartwatch.
It is first and foremost a personal training coach with lots of personalized workouts. And After each session, it delivers very helpful insights and marks improvement areas so you can strategize on how to approach the next round.
Secondly, the built-in GPS/GLONASS tracks pace, distance, routes and also continuously monitors your heart rate in real-time whether you are swimming, running, cycling, or in aerobics.
Again, tracking V02 max and comparing your score to the benchmarks is awesome.
It’s basically one of the best fitness tracking watch around.
- Personalized workouts
- Fitbit app
- 300+ songs (more downloaded from Pandora)
- Built-in GPS/GLONASS tracker
- Includes large & small size bands
- connects to all favorite apps
- Personalized workouts
- Looks great
- Highly accurate
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Powerful battery- you can wear it for 4 days non stop
- The user interface is a bit dull
- May look a bit big for a small arm
With all these features, this is no doubt one of the best activity tracker for runners and fitness enthusiast.
Its tracking ability, training intelligence, in-depth insights and the awesome app makes it a gold standard smartwatch.
5. Garmin Forerunner 920XT Activity Tracker Review.
With contemporary features like running dynamics, live tracking, VO2 max estimate, live and smart notifications, the Forerunner 920XT is a major upgrade on its predecessor- the Forerunner 910XT
It packs an overabundance of high-end training tools into a premium watch and is a perfect companion for both veterans and amateurs.
The tracking feature captures your sleep, steps, and calories burned- so you end up with a complete picture of all your activities.
Be it swimming, biking, or running-you get all the tools to track everything to the last detail.
- HRM-Run heart-rate monitor
- Running dynamics such as cadence, oscillation & ground contact time.
- Pairs with the reliable ANT+ compatible sensors
- VIRB Elite action camera
- Smart notifications
- Recovery time, vo2 max & race predictor
- Very comfortable
- Highly accurate
- Record and share your accomplishments
- Packs a variety of both beginner and top-notch training features
- Comes with a quality charger
- Seamless integration with other devices (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi)
- The app is a bit quirky and you get a feeling it could be improved
If you dream of cranking up your training, then the 920XT fitness tracker/watch has the cadence, speed, and heart workouts to give you advanced training
With its tracking feature accurately capturing all the key variables, you can rely on it to give you a more rounded picture of your daily routine.
6. Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Arm Fitness Band.
Fitness apps are extremely valuable. They sync with your heart rate monitor to track your workouts live. In addition, they also retain your performance history and latest progress details.
Depending on your age, weight plus other factors, the app will help you to better understand your heart rate training zone and where you should focus your workout to quickly attain your goals.
Now, the Scosche rhythm plus Heart rate monitor is compatible with some of the most popular fitness apps such as DigiFit, Run keeper, MapMyFitness, Strava and more
You simply attach it to your chosen forearm to get it to communicate wirelessly with your device.
It relies on the app to manage all your workout metrics.
- Built-in ANT+ and Bluetooth smart
- 8 Hour Battery Life
- Bluetooth Smart – up to 100ft Range
- Compatible with Fitness Equipment, Smartphones, and Fitness Watches
- Green/Yellow Optical Sensors
- Breathable lightweight Armband
- Dual-mode processor
- ANT+ Compatible
- PerformTek biometric sensor technology
- It receives metrics even if you are up to 100ft away from your device
- Very comfortable
- Super lightweight(22g)
- compatible with so many gadgets
- It is elastic
- Precise BPM(beats per minute) reading
- Easy to turn off and on
- Doesn’t dry quickly
- If you are wearing sleeves, then wearing it is a bit tough
This works with almost all of the most popular fitness apps including run keeper, Strava, DigiFit, MapMyFitness and more to capture all your workout metrics
It transmits your rate to its ANT+ displays or to your Bluetooth Smart™ smartwatch or even the downloaded app.
It’s another smart contender for the best fitness tracker with heart rate monitor and waterproof belt.
7. Withings Steel HR – Activity Tracking Watch with Heart Rate Monitoring.
An Aerobic exercise is any activity that revs up your heart rate and gets your blood flowing. Running, Skipping, swimming, (HIIT) High Intensity Interval Training, cycling, and plyometric are some options for aerobic exercises.
To know how your heart reacts to your exercises, it would be better to track your heart rate throughout.
The withings Steel HR automatically tracks your heart rate throughout- day and night – and delivers your overall performance scores in form of personalized in-app reports.
It works as well as – if not better than the best heart rate monitor especially when you are planning to optimize your workout performance.
- Digital display
- Silent vibrating alarm
- Works with the health mate app (on your smartphone)
- Enhanced connectivity with other apps and gadgets
- Water resistant
- Very well made
- Amazing battery life
- much lighter
- Produces personalized in-app reports
- Doesn’t come with a USB charger
- The digital display is not very big
If you are looking for the most accurate heart rate monitor watch, this has enough intelligence to supply you all the data you need to know your heart rate and the time you spend in every heart rate zone 24/7
It automatically recognizes your activities and syncs the relevant data with the installed Health Mate app. You then view the results on the bright digital display
8. Marsno Mo1 Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor.
Dr. Clarke says there is sufficient clinical evidence showing that when your blood pressure exceeds your typical average- even by the smallest of margins- the risk for stroke and heart disease go up.
It is believed that the physical stress associated with high blood pressure takes its toll on the overworked blood vessels.
To precisely measure your heart rate and prevailing blood pressure, pick a time when you are feeling relaxed and a proper wearable fitness tracker with heart rate monitor.
The Marsno Mo1 fitness watch includes a blood pressure monitor and a heart rate monitor.
You will automatically track your heart rate in real-time and continuously while measuring your blood pressure every moment of the way
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Message and Call Reminder
- Vibration alarm
- Sleep Monitor
- Built-in USB plug
- Remote Camera
- Wide Compatibility
- Comes with a USB charger
- Quickly processes your important metrics
- You get 7 hours of continuous use with one charge
- Set-up is unbelievable easy
- So lightweight
- Packs lots of other useful functions like call notifications
- Produces consistent readings
- The vibration alarm is somehow weak and unreliable
This fitness tracker /watch and smart band monitor your sleep, heart rate and blood pressure for a better overview of your health status.
It is a potential lifesaver for fitness enthusiasts with high blood pressure.
9. Hizek Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor : Waterproof Smart Wristand Pedometer.
I loved this tracker first time I came across it. It records all your stats on distance, activity, calories, heart rate, sleep, and even fatigue! It then stores it for as long as you may like.
The downloadable “Wear Fit 2.0” app is also superb- it connects with your phone quickly bringing more functions including pedometer, anti-lost, SMS reminding, call reminder, sedentary reminder, incoming call ID show, find your phone, and sports target reminder.
As you would expect with any of the best waterproof fitness tracker, you can take it to the bath, skiing, swimming and to your favorite water sports.
- “WearFit 2.0” app
- IP67 Waterproof
- 24-Hour Record.
- Built-in USB Plug
- Widely Compatibility
- Absolutely detailed reporting
- Highly water resistant
- Very light
- Saves all your records
- Easy USB charging
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- The instructions manual is complex to follow
This smart band tracks almost everything you may need and give you a comprehensive report. With several training modes, the hizek activity tracker certainly keeps you on your toes.
The accuracy of its tracking reports is peerless.
10. Letufit Heart Rate Activity Tracker Smart Bracelet.
The Letufit activity tracker smart bracelet has some compelling features:
One, you don’t to open the app to view information- everything is displayed on the monitor.
Then, it has a timing feature so you can fix your workout sessions to run within set time durations. To enter into timing mode, just double-click on the home button.
Further to this, it doesn’t need a charger. Simply plug in the built-in USB charging to recharge.
It scores highly on convenience, reliability, and functionality.
And if your target is to surpass your own performance records, it does well to keep you motivated.
- Activity Tracker
- Auto Heart Rate & Sleep Monitor
- silent vibrating alarm
- IP67 Waterproof (30m)
- Built-in USB Charging
- It is comfortable
- Long lasting
- Has a unique activity timing mode
- Excellent quality
- The bracelet is adjustable
- convenient built-in USB charging
- No GPS tracking
- The set-up is complicated
Designed to overcome some of the common weaknesses with activity trackers, this packs a number of unique features like a timer, automatic results display and built-in USB charging.
It’s another high scoring activity tracker with heart rate monitor without chest strap
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Fitness Tracker With Heart Rate Monitor And Waterproof.
When buying your heart rate monitor, the device you work out with matters.
For chest straps, most work with ANT+, which is only compatible with specialist running watches using the same connectivity – for example Polar watches.
If on the other hand you prefer your phone when working out, then what you need is anything Bluetooth enabled so that you can connect to all the downloadable apps.
Also ask yourself about the following features.
- Weight And Comfort
The more natural it feels the better. Lightweight activity trackers are preferable. Remember you want to feel as comfortable as possible.
I personally like swimming so I can’t touch fitness trackers which drown under water.
Today, technology is at the heart of our lifestyles. Most of the trackers require that you download an app. to fully realize the promised benefits.
Find out if it’s compatible with your IPhone, Android, or any of your favorite devices beforehand. Luckily, most work with a huge number of devices.
You may also want to use a fitness app like DigiFit or Strava so compliance is key.
- Ease Of Setup
Some are quite complex when you come to getting ready for monitoring- especially those with complicated manuals.
On the other hand, a significant number will be ready in a matter of seconds- from turning it on, calibration, synchronization and all.
There would no point of having a tracker if it conjures up numbers from nowhere! Even before anything else, you need accurate figures.
Chest straps are considered more accurate when you are pushing hard. However, in a steady pace, optical wrist devices take the honors.
So, how consistent and truthful is your appointed fitness monitor?
- How Versatile Is It?
Some smart band tracks almost everything-steps, calories burned, blood pressure, active minutes, distance, floors climbed, and many more.
You will, therefore, have more rounded data and a clear health picture.
- Battery And Ease Of Charging
A longer lasting battery is a clear winner- for those that rely on batteries. For the rechargeable group, I will pick the USB charged any time because of their convenience.
Those that take universal chargers comes a close second.
The best fitness tracker with heart rate monitor and waterproof will keep you well-informed of all the numbers that matter.
And you can use them to motivate your soul to better performances and the resultant better health.
Whether you are gunning for the best waterproof fitness tracker with heart rate monitor or aiming for the best fitness tracker watch, you will not be lacking of options.
Remember to check on crucial variables like accuracy, reliability, water resistance and overall design.
Otherwise, that is all in this activity tracker review.
May you enjoy better health as you scale the fitness heights!