The best space heater for large room goes out of its way whenever you need it…
And it doesn’t really matter where you live…
You will find it great in heating your homestead whether you reside in an area with warm or cold weather.
There are even times when you feel that you seriously need supplemental heating while in other instances, you feel that you need a heating device that you can carry with you around the compound, for example to the garage.
Regardless, you can always trust the best indoor heaters for large rooms to warm up your area and make things less harsh.
Whether used as the sole heat source or to back up the central heating system, a large room space heater is a useful weapon to have against chilling cold.
|Editor's Rating||Image||Name & Link||Capacity|
|Best High-End||Duraflame Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove.||5,200 BTUs|
|Best Mid-Range||Mr. Heater Portable Propane Heater.||18,000-BTUs|
|Best Inexpensive||Aspen Portable Free Standing Electric Fireplace Stove.||5115 BTUs|
Now, I recently shifted to my new home near the highlands and one of the first things to note is that the evenings here are colder.
This has forced me to go out of my comfort zone (I don’t like shopping) and hunt for the best space heater for large living room
I have discovered that they come in different sizes, styles, and also power levels.
It got me confused at first but with the assistance of my spouse- who works as an electrician, I finally settled on a list of space heaters that are sure to keep my family warm and comfortable despite the weather.
When I narrated this to my editor, he requested that I share it with our readers and that’s why I’m here;
So, relax and let me take you through – you might come across the very best heater for large room.
Let’s go through my collection of large space heaters;
- Best Space Heaters For Large Rooms.
- 1. Mr. Heater MH18B, Portable Propane Heater.
- 2. Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Large Room Heater.
- 3. Lifesmart 6 Element Large Room Infrared Quartz Heater .
- 4. Mr. Heater 30,000 Blue Flame Natural Gas Heater.
- 5. Lasko 758000 Cyclonic Ceramic Heater.
- 6. Aspen Portable Free Standing Electric Fireplace Stove.
- 7. Dyna-Glo RMC-55R7 Indoor Kerosene Radiant Heater.
- 8. DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Radiator.
- 9. Crane Black Personal Ceramic Space Heater.
- 10.Sengoku CV-2230 Portable Kerosene Heater.
- Buying Guide For The Best Space Heater For Large Room.
Best Space Heaters For Large Rooms.
1. Mr. Heater MH18B, Portable Propane Heater.
If you are looking at beating cold to its own game permanently, then Mr. Heater MH18B is your man!
One of the best portable heaters for large rooms, it can produce a whopping 18,000 BTU’s so you will have every other corner of your house warm and cozy in a few seconds.
This Liquid Propane heater packs two 1 lb. cylinders of gas and will last the whole log as far as keeping everything warm is concerned.
And you cannot dismiss its capacity- this can heat up to 450 sq. ft.
The other thing to impress us was the easy to use temperature control knob which lets you set it to your best warmth level- low, medium or high- and to guarantee consistent heat.
Finally, it’s very safe thanks to the sensor which shuts it off if oxygen levels sag dangerously low. It also shuts down automatically of it tips over accidentally.
So, you will enjoy many years of safe indoor and outdoor heat.
- 4,000- 18,000 BTUs heater
- Easy-carry handle
- Up to 450 square feet
- Indoor/outdoor use
- 100-percent efficient
- Heat control knob: Low, medium ,high options
- Disposable cylinders
- Ceramic burner tiles
- Piezo ignition
- Fan power: 4D cell batteries or 6-volts A/C adapter
- Accidental fall-over safety shut-off
- Hose storage bay
- Safety wire guard
- Porcelain coated reflector
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS)
- Easy-carry handle ensures you can conveniently move it from one spot to another
- The temperature control knob is easier to operate and has 3 steady options- low, medium or high
- It adopts a safety first approach with the low oxygen and tip over safety shut down
- You can use it where there is no power – just needs 4D-cell batteries
- It has a porcelain coated reflector which adds to its life
- Its installation is quite easy
- Doesn’t have an in-built thermometer so it’s hard to track temperatures
This is all about moving portable heating to a whole new level.
With a capacity to emit 18,000 BTUs per hour, in a 400 square feet radius, this combines radiant heating and convection heating to maximum heating efficiency.
You can also set it to your most comfortable heat level with the knob without forgetting that its safe thanks to the in-built low oxygen sensor and fall over shut off switch.
2. Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Large Room Heater.
If you want to feel like you are standing under the rays of the sun, go for the infrared technology. It produces instant heat so you get warm soonest, even if you are in a large area.
Plus, infrared heat is environment friendly so at least you will contributing to reducing carbon footprint in our world- remember everyone now is talking of going green!
There is more:
Infrared heating- unlike traditional heaters- maintains air’s natural humidity and so your family will have healthier skin. Plus, their airways won’t dry out.
A top infrared space heater is the duraflame quartz fireplace stove.
It applies zonal heating- meaning it subdivides your home into different zones with each being controlled by a separate thermostat.
Some of the advantages of zonal heating are that it totally eliminates hot/cold spots and each person can control their own rooms’ temperatures, in the process reducing power bills
The duraflame quartz fireplace is therefore considered to be an energy efficient space heater for large room.
- Capacity: 5,200 BTU’s
- Infrared technology
- Range: 1,000 square feet
- Zonal heating (infrared)
- Fire prevention mechanism
- 3D flame effect
- Adjustable thermostat
- Remote control
- Metal body construction
- Environment friendly
- easy to assemble
- 5 adjustable brightness & speed settings
- Remote controlled so convenient
- Its infrared so it warms instantly
- 3D looks more realistic- it’s just like a real fire
- Each family member can set whatever temperature they feel comfortable
- Safe around your kids and pets- very smooth on touch
- The stove is easier to carry anywhere
- Saves you money by shutting down rooms where heat isn’t needed
- It has a metal furnace and heavy duty controls so it has more life
- The heater element runs a little bit louder so it may be distracting
- Its looks like it can break anytime if not handled with care
You can turn up the heat around 1,000 square feet if you go for the duraflame quartz fireplace stove. This electric stove is durable and offers a truly realistic fire view thanks to the 3D technology.
It’s also portable, easy to assemble and includes a convenient remote control. Lastly, it uses zonal heating which has many benefits like power saving and separate room temperature controls.
It is quite a remarkable large space heater
3. Lifesmart 6 Element Large Room Infrared Quartz Heater .
To love life, you need to live smart. And one of the ways to make sure you don’t get frustrated along the way is by making sure that cold doesn’t mess up with your lifestyle.
The lifesmart life infrared heater is one of the heaters you can’t ignore in your quest for the best space heater for large room.
It features 6 quartz infrared elements enclosed in one metallic heat exchanger coil. It also has a durable washable air filter.
Settings-wise, it has 3 energy saver options including the Eco mode that makes it one of the most economical space heaters.
Then, if you like beauty, you will fall in love with its stylish wooden cabinet with its door shaded a cool black.
Finally, its timer allows you to set it to come on/go off even 12 hours ahead.
All these great features enable you to start living smart despite cold’s best attempts to frustrate your efforts.
- Digital Thermostat
- Larger Remote Control
- Stylish Wood Cabinet (Black At The Front)
- E Z Glide casters (for movement)
- Heats up to 1400 cubic. feet with 5100 BTU’s
- Dual Timer settings
- Washable lifetime filter/fan
- Produces natural, environment friendly warmth
- Thanks to the glide casters, you can effortlessly moving it around
- You get ultimate control of your entire heating
- Safer with pets and small kids
- Reasonably priced
- Its ultra-efficient even in large rooms
- Comes with a super economical eco energy saver option
- Looks stylish
- Takes up very small space
- Feels extra cool on touch
- The timer gives you freedom as you can set auto turn on/off times
- May not heat extended spaces
The lifesmart life infrared heater is a stylish, ultra-energy efficient and safe heater.
It is equipped with a powerful remote control, a timer and a digital thermostat to give you total control of heating in larger rooms.
I cannot bet against it being a strong candidate for the best electric heater for large room award
4. Mr. Heater 30,000 Blue Flame Natural Gas Heater.
When your house has a central heating system that is sometimes overwhelmed by overflowing cold, then you have to act.
And instead of replacing the entire system, maybe your room is just crying out for a supplementary heating solution.
The Mr. Heater blue flame heater is a natural gas based heater that perfectly supplements your other heating inventions to bring smiles even in the coldest days.
It can release up to 30000 BTUs and uses natural convection to circulate warm air even in the furthest corner.
Unlike other gas powered space heaters which are a pain to start, this has a battery powered ignition which makes it breeze to start.
And you can mount it either on your wall or fasten in on the floor- the accompanying fixtures give you freedom to choose.
- Electronic Ignition.
- Natural Gas powered.
- Wall Mount fixtures and legs
- Variable output.
- Blue flame burner
- Range: 750 square feet and 30,000 BTUs
- Automatic reduced oxygen shut-off
- Its ignition works like a charm
- Circulates warm comfortable air evenly
- More mounting options: fix it on the wall or secure it to the floor
- Safe with the automatic low oxygen shut down
- It’s odorless
- Installation is straight forward
- The threads within the aluminum regulator may not least
Your quest for the best portable heater for large room could come to an end with the Mr. Heater blue flame heater.
It can generate a gigantic 30000 GTUs and superbly supplements your existing heating systems and will make sure you remain safe from harmful gases by automatically switching off if it senses poor oxygenation.
And you will enjoy the flexibility of mounting it on the wall or floor.
5. Lasko 758000 Cyclonic Ceramic Heater.
A ceramic heater element is a resistive ceramic piece ordinarily coated with some metallic substance.
These types of elements last longer and produce heat more evenly compared with their wire counterpart.
Further, they don’t get as hot so they rarely cause burns even if accidentally touched.
The Lasko Cyclonic Ceramic Heater produces up to 5180 BTUs of uniform warmth and you can bet that its cyclonic heat will cut through the chilled room and expel the cold out of your room.
It comes ready –assembled and has a 7 hour time to enable you manipulate its operation to convenience.
It’s wonderful supplementary heat source.
- Cyclonic ceramic heater
- Glide pivot feature
- 7-hour timer
- Maximum: 5180 BTUs
- Space-saving design
- Fully assembled.
- Low/high quiet-comfort settings, plus
- Auto thermostat
- Self-controlling ceramic element
- Overheating proof
- No installation hassles- comes ready assembled
- Convenient-you can use the timer to automatically run it
- Its self-regulating so it will never overheat
- Space saving-it’s slim
- Looks nice in your house will a tall, slender frame
- Its controls are not hard to use
- It’s not that quiet
- Gets slightly hot around the vent area so maybe unsafe with kids
The Lasko cyclonic ceramic heater is a slim supplementary heating station with an ability to generate up to 5180 BTUs of evenly distributed warmth.
It has friendly electronic controls, a flexible thermostat and a 7-hour timer.
6. Aspen Portable Free Standing Electric Fireplace Stove.
Did you know that electricity and natural gas are the heating technology of choice for most homesteads in the Northeast?
Sources like propane, kerosene, and wood are also there but only in approximately 15% of all homes.
The Aspen electric fireplace stove is a polished large room space heater that produces bonfire like frames and also has a unique burning log effect.
It’s lightweight so easily movable.
In our compilation, I found it to be one of the most fashionable hence I actually prefer it whenever I want to impress.
It’s true it shines its beauty everywhere you place it- be it in your guest room, basement, office, bathroom, motorhome…..wherever.
You shouldn’t under rate it as a source of supplementary heat- it gives you a whole 5115 BTUs, and can warm up to 400 square feet.
- Polished/fashionable design
- 5115 BTUs within 400 sq. Ft
- Dancing flames & burning log effect
- Lightweight construction
- 6-ft. long cord
- Quiet heater
- Automatic shut-off
- Functional display surface.
- Energy saving
- The unit will always remain cool hence safe to touch
- Warms and makes you comfortable in just a few minutes.
- It has the fashion to match your personal décor
- Its height makes it awesome for small spaces
- The easy-to-adjust controls are quite convenient
- It distributes heat evenly
- Economical- can lower your electricity cost by over 90%
- Built to distribute heat evenly
- It’s both odorless and smokeless
- Comes with an automatic shut-off if just in case of accidents
- The fan makes some noise
This is a nice looking electric space heater.
It has a truly vintage design and an average height that makes it very superb as a supplemental heat point for small spaces.
The construction is sturdy and you can trust it to make you happy over several winters.
7. Dyna-Glo RMC-55R7 Indoor Kerosene Radiant Heater.
In some case, you might find kerosene heaters more suitable compared to the other alternatives.
For example, let’s assume you have a big garage which unfortunately doesn’t have a socket to plug in your electric or gas heater.
Automatically, a kerosene heater becomes your best solution. This also saves you from the extra charges associated with installing electrical implements in your garage.
One of the trending kerosene heating systems is the dyna-glo indoor kerosene heater.
We found that it can heat up to a respectable 500 sq. ft are and works by generating infra-red radiant heat to directly warm the people and nearby objects.
It’s rated 10000BTUs and can last a marathon 13 hours.
- 10000 BTUs in a 500 sq. Ft range (13 hours timespan)
- Automatic shut off switch
- Automatic ignition
- Infra-red radiant heat
- Manual shutoff knob
- Wick Kerosene Heater
- Saves electricity costs
- Great with emergencies like black outs or off grid use
- Convenient to start and shut down – has an automatic ignition and instant shut-off
- Built-in safety controls like safety shut down on tipping over
- Versatile- you can carry and use it all over like in homes, workshops, garages, basements and even enclosed porches
- Kerosene has some smell
- You have to keep adjusting the wick
The dyna-glo indoor kerosene heater is most suitable for emergencies or when you want to warm yourself when operating off grid.
It has all the safety features you would imagine and is runs up to 10,000-BTUs, and can heat up to 500 sq. ft while lasting for as many as 13 hours.
It’s quite an interesting option to have despite that you are used to the best electric heaters for large rooms
8. DeLonghi Portable Oil-Filled Radiator.
During some cold seasons, you might feel that you can only do with constant heat all through in your medium to merger rooms.
This would be the case like in hotels or even in homes during periods when things get chillier
The delonghi portable oil-filled radiator comes with a sealed gallon full of oil that works to heat up all spaces steadily and silently.
And amazingly, it cranks up the heat without messing your wallet. It in fact saves as much as 27% of your total electrical bills.
It also scores highly on the fact that its our first space heater that can be wrapped away for storage during warm seasons or when it’s done.
- Steel assembly
- Anti-freeze setting
- Wrap-around cord
- Patented thermal slots
- Easy-move smart-snap wheels
- Adjustable thermostat
- Thermal cutoff
- ComforTemp easy control Button
- It will never need refilling
- Its durable thanks to the steel frame
- Remains cool on the surface
- You can wrap it and store away easily
- Cuts your energy costs as it maintains room temperature automatically
- You can customize it to meet your heating needs
- Come ready for use- no troublesome assembly process
- Safe- auto thermal cutout and anti-freezing feature
- It may not be very effective in larger rooms
- Takes longer to warm up
This oil-filled radiant large room space heater provides safe, powerful, and silent room heating to help you survive the chilliest season.
It brings more heat while reducing your bills.
You will be glad to meet a device which guarantees consistent heat without creating much fuss.
9. Crane Black Personal Ceramic Space Heater.
Fans of ceramic heater fans praise them for their ability to heat a room quickly. They are therefore excellent whenever rapid warming is required in a cold room.
The crane personal ceramic space heater is like that- you will start feeling toasty in no time.
In addition, the manufacturer tries to solve the problem of having to change your décor just because it’s crashing with that of your newly acquired indoor heater.
This comes in several colors and you can’t lack one that will suit your existing home Décor which of course means that you will be able to grab everybody’s attention.
Moving on, you will find that it has an Overheat Protection unit- Like many of its peers- just in case the internal coils get unbearably hot
Finally, its dimensions clearly indicate that it’s a heater for small spaces (7.5 inches tall X 5.5 inches wide)
- Variable Settings
- Sleek modern design
- Aluminum brushed housing
- Overheat Protection
- Cool Touch
- Easy Carry Handle
- Brushed Steel Frame
- 800W / 1200W Warming Heater Fan with
- Indicator LED light
- Quickly warms
- It remains cool to touch
- Looks sleek and modern
- Build to serve for many years
- Doesn’t damage the environment
- It comes in many colors so you can pick what pleases you
- Runs whisper quiet
- You can personalize it to your preferred low/high heat settings.
- The temperature settings sometimes oscillate wildly
- Has a narrower shape and can easily tip over
This enables you to flaunt your style when warming. It’s safe and easier to use and has a sleek design to match any Room’s Décor
It has an ultra-compact build and is quick and efficient in circulating heat whenever you seek extra warmth.
The small dimensions make it very portable and it was actually our favorite choice for the smaller rooms.
10.Sengoku CV-2230 Portable Kerosene Heater.
The cost of heating your home comes to about 30% of your total energy spend.
We strongly believe that saving on this spend is one of the key reasons why kerosene heaters have refused to go away despite the emergence better warming technologies.
Sengoku has distinguished itself as a prominent make of substitute heating products. They always seem to exceed expectations and have developed some of the best portable heaters for large rooms.
This kerosene heater offer again goes beyond what customers expect with magnified safety features like automatic shut-off and more intensive safety grills.
You can track fuel usage using the easy-to-read fuel gauges while the automatic ignition ensures you can start it quickly for faster action.
Expect a highly impressive 23000 BTUs run in an area not exceeding 1000 sq. ft and can operate non-stop for up to 12 hours.
You will find it optimal for supplemental heating as well as emergency situations
- 23,000-BTU, maximum 1000 square feet
- Kerosene heater
- Auto push-button ignition
- 10 – 12 hours continuous heating
- Fuel gauge
- Automatic protective shut-off
- Siphon pump
- Batteries included
- You use the easy-to-read fuel gauge to track fuel consumption
- Safer- has an automatic shut-down tool and more safety grills
- Economical to operate- you don’t need electricity
- Produces a lot of heat (23000 BTUs)
- You can feel it’s a top quality product and won’t get spoilt easily
- Starts in one touch thanks to the automatic ignition
- You will smell the kerosene although you will get used along the way
- It’s handle is somehow weak
Being a kerosene heater, the Sengoku Kero Heat portable heater is economical and safe to operate.
The easy push button pushes it to start one touch with the automatic shut off keeping you protected from overheating or related accidents
Buying Guide For The Best Space Heater For Large Room.
Having unveiled our top selection of large room heaters, we now reveal to you the features that you should pay more attention when on the prowl for the best space heater for large room.
Pros consider the following;
- Temperature Settings
Different space heaters have a variety of temperature controls. You must decide whether you are okay with just low/high heat settings or you want something more specific- so that you go for a large room heater with more options.
- Mounting Options
You can across one of the best space heater for large room packed together with mounting fixtures to use when mounting either on your wall or ceiling.
In small spaces, such options are extremely useful
- Remote Control
Some of the best space heaters for large rooms have a remote control which you can use to change temperature settings from a distance. This can be very convenient
- How Big Is Your Area
We have heaters for large rooms which can heat up even very large spaces while others are designed to warm smaller spaces.
- Ease Of Installation
Most electric space heaters for large rooms come ready for use or have easy installation steps while on the other hand; gas heaters do require a little bit more effort to get them ready.
Space heaters come in many shapes and colors. Generally, propane heating devices are less attractive compared to their electric cousins.
You will also notice popular tower shaped heaters and at the same time, come across some which resemble fire places or ancient radiators.
As they say, the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so be sure to go with your taste
A built-in thermostat tracks temperatures in your room and adjusts it automatically to maintain optimum warmth levels- quite a nice extra feature to have.
- Safety Features
A space heater for large room that automatically shuts-off if it falls or overheats will give you peace of mind knowing that you don’t run a risk of an explosion or injuries to your people or pets.
Also consider the issue of the outer case becoming hot to touch – like it happens with some of the best large room heaters- as it can injure your kids or animals. Do avoid heaters with this problem
Another safety feature is a timer.
You might forget to turn off the heater when going to sleep and this can be very risky. But with a timer, the machine will be switched off after the set time again ensuring you are safe.
Heaters with fans do produce some sound when running. If you hate noise, you may do well to avoid those with excessive noise or go for radiant heaters
Wrapping It Up
Your life can freeze because of winter cold or a sudden cold night. But with the very best space heater for large room, this will never happen.
You will remain warm and calm despite the raging storms.
In our latest post, we have tried to answer the question “what is the best electric heater for a large room” and also shown you how to choose a large room electric heater.
We have also presented the best heaters for large rooms so that you can start doing it like a pro.
So, it’s now your turn.
Do prove yourself a good student by implementing our advice and we are sure that cold nights will be thing of the past.
It should be easy now that you know “what is the best space heater for large rooms”